The Open University
In 2012, The Open University (OU) founded FutureLearn to extend its mission to open education to all. OU courses on FutureLearn are designed and delivered by world-class academics, with many endorsed by leading industry experts – combining academic excellence and relevance to help individuals and businesses to upskill quickly and achieve their learning goals.
Did you know?
- The OU is the UK’s largest University and has pioneered distance learning for over 50 years. With currently over 175,000 students in the UK and overseas, they have helped more than 2.2 million students realise their ambitions.
- Over 70% of OU students are in full-time or part-time employment, with 77% of FTSE 100 companies sponsoring staff to study OU courses.
- More CEOs and Managing Directors of UK companies have studied with the OU than any other UK university.
- The OU is rated one of the best in the UK for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.
- The OU has partnered with the BBC for 50 years, with OU academics providing expert input to around 35 programmes per year.